All Undergraduate Programs (B.S.)
Must satisfy the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 120 credits, including major, minor, general education, specialization, concentration, exams, and electives coursework, as specified by program requirements.
- Attainment of program’s required cumulative and major area grade point average (GPA).
- Completion, at NSU, of at least 30 credits (not including CLEP, proficiency examinations, nor prior experiential learning credits).
- Completion of at least 50 percent of the credits in the major area at NSU (not including CLEP, proficiency examinations, nor prior experiential learning credits).
- Submission of a degree application form and payment of the diploma fee, preferably no later than the last semester.
- Degree-seeking students in programs that lead to initial teacher certification in the Abraham S. Fischler College of Education and School of Criminal Justice must attain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and pass all parts of the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (GKT, Professional Education Test, and Subject Area Examination).
Students scheduled to complete their degree program during the summer may contact their academic advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about participating.
All Graduate Programs (M.H.S., M.S., Ed.S., Ed.D., Ph.D.)
Students must satisfy all NSU and Abraham S. Fischler College of Education and School of Criminal Justice requirements, including degree conferral, by the end of April of the same year. Students not conferred by the end of April of the same year, and who meet the below criteria for their respective program, may petition the College to participate in the commencement ceremony. A Commencement Participation Petition Form is available at https://education.nova.edu/commencement/index.html.
- Final Applied Dissertation Report approved for content and/or in Format Review prior to the end of the winter semester of the same year; all course work completed.
- Scheduled/registered to have the Strategic Research Project completed by the end of the summer semester of the same year.
- Final Dissertation completed and/or oral defense scheduled or taken place prior to the end of the winter semester of the same year; all course work completed.
- M.H.S., M.S., and Ed.S.
- Scheduled/registered to have all course work completed by the end of the summer semester of the same year (i.e., students must be registered for their last two courses [maximum of 9 credits] for degree completion).
- All exams completed and submitted to the program office prior to the end of the winter semester of the same year (i.e., receipt of passing scores on all required exams for degree conferral).
- Must meet GPA requirements for degree conferral.
Note: Names of students not conferred by the end of April and approved for participation may not be listed in the commencement program.