Develop Your Expertise

Enhance your teaching certification with a credential or endorsement in a special area of interest through Nova Southeastern University’s non-degree programs. Credentials and endorsements are added to your teaching certification to show you’re qualified for a specific area of interest. 

Whether you’re already in your chosen field or looking for a career change, an add-on credential or endorsement is a great way to boost your career and your salary.

Flexible Online Learning

These non-degree programs are offered completely online so you can receive your credential or endorsement without it conflicting with your busy schedule.

Credential Coursework

NSU’s credential programs provide the specialized education needed for professional development and/or recertification. Each certificate program is uniquely designed for its intended area. These non-degree programs are not designed for alternative route to licensure or initial teacher certification/licensure.

Child Development Associate Credential

The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential coursework focuses on the developmental needs of young children ages 3–5 and the effective ways of providing them early care and education. 

Receive the knowledge and formal training needed to apply for the National CDA Credential with this non-degree program.

Teacher with Child Development Associate credential doing activity with child
Image Source: with Florida Director Credential smiling

Florida Director Credential

Looking to renew and/or advance your Florida Director Credential?

The courses for the initial credential provide an overview of the skills and knowledge required in the operation and management of an early care and education program. 

The advanced credential coursework incorporates organizational management, financial and legal issues, and curriculum development for children and families.

Child Care Training

Complete your state-mandated training and competency exams to ensure quality care in early childhood education programs as a childcare personnel. 

The Child Care Training office will assist you with your Department of Children and Families (DCF) training requirements.

Teacher with Child Development Associate credential doing activity with child

Related Degrees

Interested in making an impact on the lives of children? Check out these degrees and foster positive change in your community.

We Take The T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship!

If you are a current scholar actively enrolled in the Child Development Associate Credential, Florida Director Credential or B.S. in Child Development coursework, the T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Program can assist you with the cost of tuition and books, a 90% reimbursement (up to $500) on essential tech purchases, including laptops and tablets, and much more as you pursue your educational goals. 

Endorsement Coursework

Receive your endorsement and broaden your expertise as an educator in a new area of interest. Endorsements are available to Florida teachers who already have certification in other areas.

Driver Education Endorsement

Receive the education and training needed to successfully acquire a Driver Education endorsement. This program includes a review of basic driving rules and procedures associated with driving, as well as how to implement these procedures using engaging instructional strategies. Coursework will also include teaching strategies to implement this knowledge in the classroom.

Learn More About Driver Education Endorsement

Driver's Ed student smiling in a car

Ready for the Next Step?

All non-degree seeking applicants must still submit an application for admission. You may disregard any requests for an essay or references.

Select the following on the online application:
  • Admissions Category: Transfer Student with 24 or more completed college credits
  • Academic Level: Online or Off-Campus (Non-Business)
  • Academic Program: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking, Fischler School of Education)
  • Location: Online

Apply Now

Have the following items ready to submit with your online application:

  • $50 application fee
  • Transcripts from all schools attended
  • NSU Transfer Form
Two teachers walking and talking down the hall

Interested in Earning Your Degree?

Once you enroll in any non-degree courses, you can submit a new application to become a graduate degree seeking student. You must meet the requirements for admission into the intended program of study.

Non-degree seeking students are eligible to enroll in a maximum of 16 credit hours.

Questions? Contact Us