This letter contains important information pertaining to degree conferral upon completion of your program. Please keep in mind, submitting the Application for Degree/Diploma initiates the conferral process. Once your application for degree/diploma and payment has been received and processed by the university, your application will be on hold until you have satisfied all degree requirements.
The application for degree/diploma form is now submitted electronically. Please visit the following link for submission of this form: Online Application for Degree/Diploma
- Scroll down to bottom of page and select Degree Application Request.
- In order to submit this form online you MUST have your student identification number (NSU ID) and NSU PIN.
- The application for degree/diploma fee can be paid by the following methods:
- To make a Web payment via Webstar, please visit the following link: https://ssb.nova.edu/.
- To make a web payment you must have your Webstar user ID and PIN.
- To make a payment and to better serve the Nova Southeastern University community, the Bursar's Office uses paperless, online billing statement at eBill. For questions, please contact the Bursar's Office by email or by phone at (954) 262-5200.
Upon completion of all academic requirements, your application for degree/diploma will be approved and forwarded to the Degree Conferral Department. The conferral department will submit your name to the Board of Trustees for approval to award your degree at their next monthly meeting. This process takes approximately three (3) to four (4) weeks to complete. You should expect to receive your diploma within six (6) weeks from the date your application for degree/diploma is processed for conferral.
To participate in the annual commencement exercises of the Fischler College of Education and School of Criminal Justice (FCE&SCJ), all masters, education specialist, and doctoral students must satisfy all NSU and FCE requirements including degree conferral prior to June 1 of the same year.
*Should you need an official transcript reflecting the conferred degree, please verify that the conferral is posted to your record prior to ordering transcripts. Transcripts can be ordered via Webstar (https://ssb.nova.edu/) or visit the Office of the University Registrar. For additional information on obtaining a transcript, please contact the university registrar via email, email@example.com, or 1-800-541-6682 (toll free), extension 7400 or 954-262-7400 (local).
If you should have questions or concerns regarding the application for degree/diploma and conferral process, please contact the Fischler College of Education and School of Criminal Justice (FCE&SCJ) Academic Progress Oversight Department, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.