Master of Science in Leadership
The Master of Science in Leadership at the Fischler College of Education is designed for advisors, coordinators, trainers, supervisors, administrators, and directors in private schools, colleges and universities, human services and non-profit organizations, and the military. The M.S. in Leadership fosters the development of leadership skills to organize, motivate, and lead others to achieve organizational and team goals. This program focuses on developing practitioners who can translate leadership perspectives and applications into their respective fields of endeavor.
Who Should Apply
Advisors, coordinators, trainers, supervisors, administrators, directors, and other professionals in private schools, colleges and universities, human services and non-profit organizations, hospitals, religious organizations, and the military who wish to obtain master’s degrees and/or increase their level of expertise in their current field
Individuals with bachelor’s degrees who wish to obtain master’s degrees and/or increase their levels of expertise in leadership in the field of education.
- Completed application with a $50.00 non-refundable fee. A $50.00 application fee is required for each application submitted to Nova Southeastern University.
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of a bachelor’s degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average required) or the completion of one of the alternative admission requirements
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
- Evidence of a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of a 2.5, GRE scores of 1000 (combined Verbal and Quantitative scales only) for tests taken prior to August 1, 2011 or GRE scores of 300 (combined Verbal and Quantitative scales only) for tests taken on or after August 1, 2011, or the Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) with a raw score of 50. (The tests must have been taken within the past 5 years from the date of application.)
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum CGPA or GRE requirements may enroll in a maximum of six (6) credit hours and must earn a grade of B or higher in each course during the first term of enrollment for conditional admission. Students who do not earn a grade of B or higher in each course may be subject to dismissal from the program.
||Course Title and Description
||Orientation to the Graduate Teacher Education Program
||Leadership Theory and Practice
||Research for Leaders in Education and Human Services
||Leading Learning Communities
||Strategic Leadership in Education and Human Services Organizations
||Current Organizational Issues and Trends in Educational and Human Services Organizations
||The Business of Leadership: Special Topics
||International Leadership Perspectives
TOTAL CREDITS: 31
Faculty members in the Department of Higher Education Leadership & Instructional Technology are dedicated to preparing you for roles as leaders, researchers, and policy makers in local, state, national and global education agencies, organizations, and institutions. Hailing from NSU and other major universities and institutions throughout the country and around the world, our faculty are highly respected professional practitioners and recognized scholars who are carefully selected on the basis of their subject area expertise, teaching abilities, and professional involvement. Furthermore, they are united in their desire to not only educate, but to inspire students to use what they learn to motivate others.
Meet the Faculty and Staff of the Department of Higher Education Leadership & Instructional Technology
Coursework for the master’s of science in leadership is available online and at many of the NSU Campuses. The online delivery option allows students to receive and submit coursework and interact with participants and professors via the Internet. The site-based delivery option allows students (that may not live near our South Florida campuses) to take classes in the evenings or on weekends in locations near their homes. The distance education option allows busy professionals to complete their degree without having to leave their jobs or travel long distances.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Completed application for degree