Distance Educator Certificate
The Fischler College of Education is no longer accepting new applicants for this program.
The Distance Educator Certificate program provides PreK-12 educators, higher education faculty, administrators, school instructional staff, and trainers with practical skills, training, and preparation to provide the necessary leadership abilities to be effective distance educators. The certificate program will enhance educator preparation by providing opportunities for educators to navigate through virtual classrooms, utilize and manage instructional tools such as wikis and blogs, and communicate with and receive guidance from current virtual school instructors. This certificate program is financial aid eligible.
Who Should Apply
- PreK-12 educators, higher education faculty, administrators, and school instructional staff who wish to obtain a certificate and/or increase their levels of expertise in distance education.
Gainful employment programs are those programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. The following link provides information about the cost, financing, student success, and occupations that may be related to the Distance Educator Certificate program.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- Completed admission application packet, including nonrefundable application fee made payable to Nova Southeastern University.
- Official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor's degree or higher by a regionally accredited institution (2.5 minimum cumulative GPA required).
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions.
||Foundations of Distance Education
||Planning and Assessing in Online Learning
||Digital Tools for Virtual Schools
||Distance Educator Practicum
TOTAL CREDITS: 12
Coursework for the Distance Educator Certificate is conducted entirely online. This approach allows participants to interact with each other via the Internet. This distance delivery option allows busy professionals to complete this certificate without having to leave their jobs or travel long distances.
Faculty members for the master of science in education are scholars and educators from Nova Southeastern University and other major universities and institutions throughout the country. In addition many are also highly respected professional practitioners, who are carefully selected on the basis of their subject expertise, teaching abilities, and professional involvement. Most importantly, they are united in their desire to not only educate, but to inspire students to use what they learn to motivate others.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework;
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher;
- Completed application for certificate.